We are seeking nominations for several OFSPOA Board positions. Below you will find a list of open positions with descriptions and an overview of the process. Nominees and nominators must be OFS property owners. You may nominate yourself. In addition, the Board welcomes those interested in serving as Treasurer and Secretary in 2020-2021 to serve as mentees this year.
The OFSPOA Board is charged with upholding the covenants governing Old Field South. Board meetings are held every four to six weeks and last approximately two hours. The topics discussed vary with the time of year and include finances, beautification, social events, and various community issues. Please consider taking an active part in the OFS community by volunteering for a position.
If nominating yourself, please send and email expressing your interest to the OFSPOA Board at email@example.com no later than May 7. Include a brief bio and indicate which position you are interested in and why you would like to serve. If you are nominating another member of the community, please provide the information listed above and ask her or his permission prior to nominating.
The Board will review submissions and put a slate of candidates forward for property owners to review in mid-May. The vote will be held at the business meeting on June 14 and the names of our new Board members will be announced. Terms will begin with the next Board meeting.
- Act as President in the event of his or her absence
- Assist the President as needed
- Develop meeting agendas in consultation with the President
- Coordinate the bi-annual publication of the OFS Directory
Strong leadership and communication skills required.
Communications (Digital) Chairperson
- Maintain OFSPOA web site
- Maintain OFSPOA news site (blog)
- Maintain OPSPOA directory information
- Send out email communications to OFS property owners
- Receive and pass along digital communications to the Board; respond as needed
- Plan, execute, and host the annual business meeting and get-together
- Plan, execute, and host the annual beach picnic
- Plan, execute, and host community tag sale or other social events
Excellent coordination, planning, and execution skills required.